IT Consulting Company, also referred to as IT Service Providers, are usually labelled as multinational corporations, specializing in providing certain types of services to business with overseas workforce. Different ICCs provide different areas of expertise. Sometimes the work is done remotely offsite, but in most cases, international workforce are placed onsite at clients offices.
- DXC Technology Company
- NTT DATA
How does ICC bring over international workforces?
(Data point from an Infosys employee)
- Step 1: Get hired by ICCs.
- Step 2: Go through bootcamp. Technical skill trainings, interview skill trainings, “polish resume” trainings are provided. Very specific skills are taught like how to answer questions as someone you are pretending to be (with the polished resume).
- Step 3: Interview with clients with skills learned from bootcamp.
- Step 4: Receive contracting offer(s). Offer amount are normally split between ICC and employees. (70%, 30% in this case)
- Step 5: Apply for H1b(s). Depend on how many offers one receive. There were people who filed 5 applications at once. And in most cases, 2 applications is the bare minimum as majority of them are bachelors. They need to increase their chances of getting selected from the regular cap.
- Step 6: Maintain legal status in the US by enrolling in US schools specializes in providing curricular training credits for work authorization while filing for H1b petitions.
- International American University
- International Technological University
- Sophia University
- Step 7: Extend US status if not selected by 1. Finishing a degree and use OPT. 2. If OPT not applicable, start another degree and apply for CPT.